It’s officially zucchini season and if you’re looking for unique ways to use the versatile veggie, give this recipe a try! These flourless brownies have a ton of flavor and are super easy to make. The swirl of raspberry jam, fresh raspberries and warm chocolate chips take these brownies to another level. Pick up your ingredients from The Corner and don’t forget to choose organic whenever possible. 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup good-quality cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (only if your almond butter isn’t salted)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons low sugar raspberry jam
- Raspberries for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8×8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Squeeze zucchini of excess moisture with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, mix together zucchini, almond butter, egg, coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup until smooth in consistency. Add cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined. Stir in about 1/2 of the chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan. Spoon jam by teaspoonful onto the top of the batter then take a knife and swirl the jam into the batter a few times.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out almost clean. Remove brownies from oven and transfer pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Place remaining chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir chocolate until completely melted then drizzle over the top of the brownies. I like to also sprinkle mine with a little sea salt but it’s up to you. Cut into 16 brownies
Notes: You can use dairy free chocolate chips, if desired