We love a good summertime salad here at The Corner! This recipe includes some nutritional powerhouses like avocados, strawberries, almonds and oranges. Pick up your ingredients from The Corner and make this salad 100% organic. 😊
For the dressing:
- Juice from 1 large orange
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon poppyseed
- Pinch of salt
For the salad:
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (5 oz) package Organic Spring Mix Salad
- 1 heaping cup quartered strawberries
- 1 large peeled orange, cut into segments
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles (optional)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or diced
- First make the dressing: Add the orange juice, oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, garlic, dijon mustard, poppyseed and salt to a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Add sliced almonds to a skillet or pan and place over medium heat. Toast almonds for 5-7 minutes or until almonds become golden and fragrant. Be sure to stir every minute or so to ensure that almonds do not burn. Once they are finished toasting, immediately remove almonds from the pan and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, add spring mix, quartered strawberries and orange segments. Then pour dressing over and toss to combine. Top salad with goat cheese crumbles, avocado and toasted almonds. Serve with protein of choice, or as a side salad.
*To make this salad vegan, simply omit the goat cheese and use maple syrup instead of honey.