I designed the Optimal Diet through over a decade of intense research and experimentation with hundreds of healing, weight loss, and detox eating programs. I have incorporated numerous proven nutritional theories including whole food, organic, raw, acid\alkaline, macrobiotic, food rotation, juicing, and blood sugar management into the Optimal Diet.
Thousands have adopted this diet (myself included) as a lifestyle and have been extremely pleased with the results. Expect a stronger immune system, improved energy and endurance, heightened mental clarity, healthier hair, skin, and nails, less pain, and optimal weight.
Of course, if you have any known food allergies or sensitivities such as wheat, gluten, dairy, nut or other foods, avoid them and substitute as needed. You can modify the recipes to your liking as long as you stay within the lines of the program. For healthiest results, take Ed’s Essential 5 along with the Optimal Diet. Of course, if you have a specific health condition and need some one-on-one the advice, contact me any time by phone, email, or here in the store and I will be glad to design a bio-specific program to fit your needs. If you’re looking for ingredient or recipe ideas, just stop in and ask any of our well trained Nature’s Corner staff for assistance.
Peruse my Optimal Diet plan below and good luck on your quest for optimal health.
- Drink 80-100 oz. (8-10 of an 8 oz. glass) of clean
water a day; fresh juices are included (before, or 2 hours after meals).
- Eliminate all white refined sugar and flour, hydrogenated oils, artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives.
- Fill yourself on proteins and complex carbohydrates,
not simple starches.
- Eat every 2 to 3 hours; Do not skip meals or snacks.
- Eat protein, complex carbohydrate and healthy fat at each
- Eat 6-7 oz. (a fist size) or 15 to 20 grams of
protein at each meal.
- Vegetables are “thermic” – they burn more calories
than they are worth. EAT YOUR GREENS!
- Focus more on the Quality of food not the Quantity.
- Chew your food well, and do not drink with meals (sipping H2O is fine).
- Season your meals to your liking, spices and herbs
make the meal.
- Alternate and Rotate your meals. Do not eat the same
food every day.
- Choose Organic and Non-gmo. Chemical
pesticides are toxic and carcinogenic. The research on GMOs is not looking good.
- Strive to stay alkaline and less acidic.
- Keep a diary to track your progress.
- Fresh Fruit in the Morning, Raw Veggies for Lunch,
and Steamed Veggies for Dinner.
- 60% – 70% of your diet should be raw and unheated.
- Take all nutritional supplements with food,
mid-meals, unless specified otherwise.
- One eats what is available to them. Make healthy food
- Eat 35 – 40 Grams of Fiber a day – It helps to
regulate Blood Sugar, Improves Bowel Function, and Control Hunger.
|Tofu, Tempeh, Miso, Soy Meats ( Veggie Burgers and Veggie Chicken, Deli Slices,
Loafs ) Soy Milk, Edamame, Soy Beans, Textured Soy Protein, Soy Flour
|Seitan ( Wheat Protein )|
& SEEDS & LEGUMES
|Nuts, Nut or Seed Butter –
Hemp, Chia, Pumpkin, Sesame, Sunflower — Beans
|Rice, Soy, Hemp, Pea, Spirulina|
|Only Wild-caught Seafood: including Salmon, Sardines, Low Mercury
|Lean Organic Grass-fed Beef, Bison or Lamb,
Organic Chicken or Turkey
|Organic Free-range Eggs, Organic Cow milk cheese
or Goat milk cheese
|Whey and Egg protein|
|© 2005-2012 Ed Levy C.N./ Natures Corner Natural Market 732.449.4950 / email